IAmTheVoluntourist allows users to contribute content including reviews, events, tips, and more. Please read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: We want to hear about your first-hand experience but threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and displays of bigotry will not be tolerated.
B . Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. Do not write reviews of your own organization or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or organizations in your networking group. If you want to beat your competition, then beat them the old fashioned way: provide a better experience and get those who participated to sing your praises.
- Promotional content: We generally frown upon promotional content apart from organizations offering volunteer opportunities. If you are posting unauthorized commercial content, we may be forced to ban you from the Site.
- Relevance: Make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, the section available for reviews are not the place to talk political views or other matters unrelated to the experience you have had with the volunteer opportunity, organization, or location.
- Privacy: Do not publicize other people’s private information. It is not just impolite, it can cause problems for you later on. Get permission before you expose anyone else’s personal information.
- Intellectual property: Please do not take content from other sites or users on this Site. Write your own reviews and tell us about your
- Review Guidelines.
The best reviews give a passionate and personal story of your experience. They offer a detailed narrative, and a helpful tips for other prospective volunteers. Here are some additional thoughts for quality reviewers.
- Personal experience.
We want to hear about your firsthand experience with the organizations on our Site. We do not want to hear about what you have heard from third parties. We want to hear your experience without sweeping generalizations or unsubstantiated allegations.
Make sure your review is factually correct. It is best practice to use factual statements and opinions without attacking the character of an organization, and it is improper to misrepresent your experience. We expect all reviews to be factually accurate, and we do will not defend your statements so it is best to make sure you can in the event the statements you make on the Site are challenged.
Reviews by Site Users should reflect a new experience or interaction with specific volunteer opportunities and/or organizations providing/promoting such opportunities. These reviews should be based on a user’s first-hand experience and state facts that will help others gain insight into what it may be like if they communicate with or partake in the particular volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteer Organization Guidelines.
Volunteer Organizations should be involved on the Site too. The information each Volunteer Organization provides on the Site gives prospective volunteers with information in which they can make a decision.
Please keep the information about your opportunities relevant. Tell people about your opportunity and not to criticize your competitors. If you receive or discover criticism of your opportunity/organization on the Site, it is best to handle the matter privately instead of airing a problematic issue in a public internet forum.